June 2017, Final Report, Community Needs Assessment Study
If you have any questions regarding any of the programs, projects or grants, please feel free to contact the Community Services Department at 403.350.2150.
Meal Delivery Program
Volunteering in Red deer county
Red Deer County has many amazing volunteers that help make the community a great place to live, work and grow! Each month some of these volunteers will be featured in the Red Deer County News. Nominate someone who has had a positive impact in your community by filling out a Volunteer Nomination Form.Meal Delivery Program Volunteers - The purpose of the Meal Delivery Program is to provide delivery of frozen meals to residents of Red Deer County, the Town of Bowden, the Town of Penhold, the Village of Delburne and the Village of Elnora who are self-isolating during the COVID-19 pandemic. Volunteers are needed throughout the County to assist with the delivery of meals. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out and submit an application form.
Watch our great video Celebrating the Volunteers in Red Deer County.
How Can You Help?
If you are interested in volunteering to support those in need in your community through provision of check-in phone calls, deliveries or for other needs, please contact:
- Benalto - Angie Schickerowski: 403.597.8074 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Springbrook - 403.350.2150 or email@example.com
- West County - Pam Hetu: 403.505.9091 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elsewhere in the County - Community Services: 403.350.2150 or email@example.com
- Volunteer Central: Volunteer Central is Red Deer and central Alberta’s go-to source for people who are passionate about helping their neighbours. Visit the website for information about current needs in the community, how you can get involved and other community resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more at volunteercentral.ca.
- NextDoor: NextDoor is an online social networking hub that helps you connect with your neighbours. With the NextDoor app, you can post important information, pose questions, offer assistance or ask for help. Networks are organized by neighbourhood, so only people who live nearby can join in. The platform is free to join. For more information visit ca.NextDoor.com.
- Facebook Community Help: Facebook Community Help is a service available to all Facebook users. The feature allows users to post offers of assistance and requests for assistance, to other Facebook users in their community. You can find Facebook Community Help by clicking on the COVID-19 Information Centre at the top of your News Feed.
Block Party Kits
This Kit includes a Planning Guide, helpful hints as well as resources for advertising. Several resources available, with deposit, to use for your event. Resources include an event tent, sound system, and many outdoor games.
For more information please contact
Block Party Resources
Block Party Registration Form
Block Party Poster
Block Party Invite
Block Party Door Knocker
Block Party Bingo