As of 2:00 PM today, a restricted fire order is in effect for all of Red Deer County. A fast spring thaw has created dry conditions, which can lead to a fire growing out of control. The County requires that:
- All outdoor fires presently burning within Red Deer County whether set with permission or under permit of the County, will remain valid for the duration of the permit.
- The ignition of all new outdoor fires within the boundaries of Red Deer County are hereby prohibited.
- No new fire permits will be issued until further notice.
This ban DOES NOT apply to:
- Fires, which are contained within cooking and heating appliances and which are fueled by fluids, gases, or wood pellets.
- Fires contained within industrial facilities for operational purposes.
- Safe acceptable residential fire pits*
- Gas/Propane fueled fire pits/stoves/barbecues.
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters.
Any person violating conditions of this ban may be held liable for any damages and/or costs associated with extinguishing the fire and full prosecution with penalties, in accordance with Red Deer County Fire Services Bylaw 2012/14.
*Additional information regarding fire restrictions here.