Red Deer County would like to remind property owners that taxes are due on September 30 to avoid penalties. A penalty of 4% will be applied to all unpaid balances on October 1, 2020. Payments can be made in a number of ways:
- Drop-Off Box: Payments may be deposited in the envelope depository at the Main Entrance to the County Administration Building. Please include all remittances if you own multiple properties.
- In person: Our office is located at 38106 Range Road 275, Red Deer County. Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Mail: Cheques and post-dated cheques dated on or before September 30 can be mailed to: Red Deer County, 38106 Range Road 27, Red Deer County, AB T4S 2L9
- Financial Institutions: Most Banks and Credit Unions will accept these payments. Ensure your payment is processed within a banking date of September 30 or earlier.
- On-Line Payments: On-Line payments through your financial institution. Enter "Red Deer County Tax" as the payee, and your “Roll number” as the account. Please enter each roll number as the account if you own multiple properties. Failure to do this will result in an Admin fee to distribute funds to correct roll numbers of $10 per roll number. If you are paying on-line, allow 3 to 4 business days depending on your banks’ processing dates.
Any payment for property tax forwarded by mail shall be deemed to have been received on the same date as the Canada Post Postmark stamped on the envelope in which the said payment was received. (Do not send cash by mail.) To avoid mail delays, forward cheques postdated for September 30. (Please ensure the bottom portion of the notice accompanies payment.) Please include all remittances if you own multiple properties.
For any inquiries please call 403.350.2150.