Red Deer County Fire Services would like to remind the public that a restricted fire order is in effect for all of Red Deer County. Windy conditions and a lack of rain have created dry conditions, which can lead to a fire growing out of control.
The County requires that:
- All outdoor fires presently burning within Red Deer County whether set with permission or under permit of the County, be extinguished immediately. This includes all residential burn barrels.
- The ignition of any outdoor fires within the boundaries of Red Deer County are hereby prohibited.
- No new fire permits will be issued until further notice.
This ban DOES NOT apply to:
- Fires, which are contained within cooking and heating appliances and which are fueled by fluids, gases, or wood pellets.
- Fires contained within industrial facilities for operational purposes.
- Safe acceptable residential fire pits.
- Gas/Propane fueled fire pits/stoves/barbecues.
Any person violating conditions of this ban may be held liable for any damages and/or costs associated with extinguishing the fire and full prosecution with penalties, in accordance with Red Deer County Fire Services Bylaw 2012/14 and/or the Forest Prairie Protection Act RSA. Red Deer County thanks residents for their cooperation.
For more information:
Red Deer County