Residential Garbage Collection - Holiday Schedule
This Holiday Season, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day both fall on Wednesdays. Subdivisions and properties that normally receive garage collection on Wednesday’s will not be serviced on these two days. The following Friday will be provided in lieu for these missed days.
- Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25) - pickup will be on Friday, December 27
- New Years Day (Wednesday, January 1) - pickup will be on Friday, January 3
- All other pickup days (including Boxing Day) will remain unaffected and schedule will be as normal
- Have your garbage out the night before or by 7:00 AM of pickup day.
- Maintain a five bag limit
- Weight restriction not to exceed 55 lbs (25 kgs)
Waste Transfer Facilities - Holiday Schedule Days of Operation
- Horn Hill Waste Transfer Station: closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Horn Hill Waste Transfer Station will be open for operations on Christmas Eve, but will close at 4 p.m.
- Gaetz Creek: no change to normal days of operation
- Yankee Flats: closed on Boxing Day
Holiday Wrapping Paper and Christmas Tree Disposal
- Christmas trees can be disposed of at any of Red Deer County’s Waste Transfer Facilities: Yankee Flats, Gaetz Creek, and Horn Hill.
- Wrapping paper and Styrofoam cannot be recycled through the County’s Recycle Program, but can be disposed of as normal household waste at any of the Waste Transfer Facilities or through the Residential Garbage Collection Program.