Agendas & Public Hearings
- Red Deer County Council and Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) meetings are held on the same day.
- MPC commences at 9:30 AM, followed by Council.
- Unless otherwise indicated, meetings are held in the Red Deer County Centre located at 38106 Range Road 275, Red Deer County (west of QEII on C&E Trail/ 32 Street).
Municipal Planning Commission minutes are available online
County Council minutes are available online.
Municipal Planning Commission agendas are available online.
County Council agendas are available online.
County Council and Municipal Planning Commission Meeting Dates for 2019
- September 3 and 17
- October 1, 15 and 29 (Organizational meeting, October 15)
- November 19
- December 3 and 17
Public Hearing Process
Public hearings are scheduled for 1:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) and are held in Council Chambers at Red Deer County Centre. Council will hear from anyone claiming to be affected by the bylaws being proposed. The hearings are informal and persons wishing to speak will be requested to state their name and address upon being recognized by the Chair. Comments may be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and written submissions may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Bylaw No. 2019/2.05 to redesignate 3.48 hectares (8.61 acres) of Lot 1, Block 2, Plan 1821981, SE 5-37-27-4 from Agricultural District "Ag" Business Service Industrial District "BSI"
The property is located within the Junction 42 Local Area Structure Plan on the northwest corner of the Hwy 2 and 42 interchange.
The purpose of the bylaw is to facilitate the location of a proposed identification sign for the Junction 42 Commercial Business Park.
The permitted and discretionary uses and other matters presently applicable to "BSI" and "Ag" districts are contained in the Red Deer County Land Use Bylaw No. 2006/6.
Bylaw No. 2019/21 to adopt the Bowden Fas Gas Area Structure Plan (ASP) for these lands located within E 1/2 NW 25-34-1-5.
Bylaw No. 2019/2.03 to redesignate 3.85 hectares (9.1 acres) of E 1/2 NW 25-34-1-5 from Agricultural District "Ag" to Highway Commercial District "C-3".
Bylaw No. 2019/2.04 to redesignate a portion of the NW 6-36-24-4 containing 17.87 hectares (44.13 acres) from Agricultural District “Ag” as follows: 8.91 hectares (22.02 acres) to Resort Residential “R-6,” 0.32 hectares (0.8 acres) to Commercial Recreation “C-5” and 3.24 hectares (8.01 acres) to Public Utility “PU.”
The property is located within the Aspen Shores Area Structure Plan on the southwest side of Pine Lake and is accessed via South Pine Lake Road.
The permitted and discretionary uses and other matters presently applicable to “R-6,” “C-5,” “PU” and “Ag” districts are contained in the Red Deer County Land Use Bylaw No. 2006/6.
Bylaw No. 2019/23 to amend Section 56a, Cannabis Production Facility, of the Land Use Bylaw (LUB) No. 2006/6.
The purpose of the amendment is to revise the wording of the third paragraph to ensure compliance with federal legislation. The proposed revised wording will read as follows:
- The Applicant shall obtain, and comply with the required Federal License, and all applicable federal and provincial legislation and regulations, and shall provide confirmation of said license once approved.
- In making decisions relating to Cannabis Production Facility, the applicant shall provide confirmation that all other conditions have been satisfied, prior to a development permit being issued.