Agendas & Public Hearings
- Red Deer County Council and Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) meetings are held on the same day.
- MPC commences at 9:30 AM, followed by Council.
- Unless otherwise indicated, meetings are held in the Red Deer County Centre located at 38106 Range Road 275, Red Deer County (west of QEII on C&E Trail/ 32 Street).
Municipal Planning Commission minutes are available online
County Council minutes are available online.
Municipal Planning Commission agendas are available online.
County Council agendas are available online.
County Council and Municipal Planning Commission Meeting Dates for 2019/2020
- December 17
- January 14
- February 4 and 18
- March 3 and 24
- April 14 and 28
- May 12 and 26
- June 9 and 23
- July 7 and 21
- August 4 and 18
- September 1, 15, 29
- October 13 and 27 (Organizational Meeting, October 27)
- November 10
- December 1 and 15
Public Hearing Process
Public hearings are scheduled for 1:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) and are held in Council Chambers at Red Deer County Centre. Council will hear from anyone claiming to be affected by the bylaws being proposed. The hearings are informal and persons wishing to speak will be requested to state their name and address upon being recognized by the Chair. Comments may be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and written submissions may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
A proposal to sell and lease portions of Municipal Reserve properties located at Lot 5MR and Lot 6MR, Block 1, Plan 1823354, SW 31-38-2-5 (Hamlet of Benalto), which includes the following:
Bylaw No. 2019/28 to remove the Municipal Reserve (MR) designation from an approximate 0.76-acre portion of Lot 6MR, Block 1, Plan 1823354, SW 31-38-2-5, for the following purposes:
(1) Approximate 0.26 acres to be transferred to the Benalto Agricultural Society to facilitate the expansion of the Society's grounds; and
(2) Approximate 0.5 acres to be used to construct a second public access road to these lands (registered County Road Plan).
LEASE - Lot 5MR and the remainder of Lot 6MR to be leased to the Benalto Agricultural Society to allow the Society to use these lands for additional parking as events require.
Tuesday, February, 2020
Bylaw No. 2019/2.07 to redesignate the following properties located within the Hamlet of Lousana:
(1) 3.23 hecatares / 8 acres of Pt NW 23-36-23-4 from Agricultural District (Ag) to Public Services District (PS), and
(2) Lots 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, Block 2, Plan 4485AP, NW 23-36-23-4 from Comprehensive Town Centre District (CTC) to Residential Low Density District (R-3)
The purpose of the bylay is to align these parcels within the Hamlet of Lousana with appropriate zoning based upon their current land use and to complement surrounding land uses.
The permitted and discretionary uses and other matters presently applicable to (Ag), (PS), (CTC) and (R-3) districts are contained in the Red Deer county Land Use Bylaw No. 2006/6.
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Bylaw No. 2019/29 to authorize Red Deer County lending $240,000 to the Red Deer Regional Airport Authority for the purchase of an administration building for the Airport. This loan is for a 10-year term.
Any elector wishing to submit a petition for a vote of the electors to determine whether the proposed bylaw should be passed must comply with Section 231 of the Municipal Government Act. Such petition must be filed with the Chief Administrative Officer of Red Deer County within 15 days of the last date on which the proposed bylaw is advertised (December 6, 2019).
OTHER BYLAWS BEING CONSIDERED
Atco Gas and Pipelines Ltd. has filed for approval to grant a natural gas distribution system franchise agreement between Red Deer County and Atco Gas for the Hamlet of Gasoline Alley. Council will further consider Bylaw No. 2018/35 once the agreement has been approved by the Alberta Utilities Commission for the Province of Alberta.