Residential Garbage Collection
Residential garbage collection service is available to the hamlets of Springbrook, Spruce View, Benalto, Dickson, Markerville, the Summer Villages of Jarvis Bay and Norglenwold, and the multi-lot residential subdivisions within the Red Deer County Fire District.
||Country Lane Estates
||Border Ridge Estates|
||Herder||Corner Gate Estates|
|Spruce View||Joffre Bridge||Flemming|
|Springvale Heights||Misty Ridge|
|Stone Ridge Estates||Mountainview Estates|
|Westview Estates||Northlane Estates|
|Westview Estates||Poplar Ridge|
||River Country Estates|
|Spruce Lane Acres|
|Sylvan Creek Estates|
|Valley Ridge Estates|
- Garbage containers are to be out by your driveway no later than 7:00 AM the day of your pickup.
- Garbage must be brought to the edge of your property line on the approach entrance.
- Garbage may be in containers commonly referred to as "Garbage Cans."
- A garbage can must not be higher than 3 feet, or 91 cm.
- A garbage can must have a proper lid that is designed to latch on or remain closed while waiting for pickup. This is to reduce the effects of animals and weather.
- A garbage can loaded with waste must not weight more than 55 pounds (25 kg).
- Cardboard boxes or plastic bags may be used for the disposal of grass clippings and garden produce toppings or similar material and must be of a size that can be comfortable handled by one person.
- The maximum number of cans, bags, or boxes of any combination thereof that may be set out for collection is 5.
- Red Deer County waste collection contractors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to refuse collection of any and all items that are deemed unacceptable for pickup.
Items that would be considered unacceptable for residential garbage collection include, but are not limited to:
- Soil and dirt
- Paint cans
- Furniture or appliances
- Toxic waste of any kind
- Old lawn mowers or other equipment
- Gasoline or used oil
- Car parts of any kind
- Tires and batteries
- Brush and tree branches
- Electronic equipment
- Building materials or renovation materials
- Sharps such as needles, broken glass or mirrors